Ward off winter illnesses with this healing turmeric latte recipe. Both turmeric and ginger are known for their medicinal properties, including reducing inflammation and aiding in digestion. They are also full of antioxidants, which protect the body from various conditions.
1 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 T. fresh turmeric root (grated)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 T. fresh ginger root
2 tsp coconut oil
1 pinch of black pepper
Raw honey or sweetener to taste
1. Gently warm almond milk in saucepan, do not boil
2. Add fresh turmeric root, ginger root and cinnamon
3. Combine black pepper and coconut oil into the mixture and gently heat until melted
4. Whisk mixture to create foam. Continue to stir until frothy and heated through.
5. Add honey or sweetener of choice to taste. Sprinkle the latte with cinnamon.