Becoming a “morning person” isn’t an easy task, but we’re here to help! Start small with these seven rituals to add to your morning routine and you’ll start to see the awesome change in your overall day! No need to do all at once, add one a week and soon they will all become habit. Yes, you can!
- OIL PULLING : Right when you wake up, swish a tablespoon of coconut oil around your mouth for about 15-20 minutes. Oil pulling is believed to promote dental health and cure a number of systemic diseases ranging from migraines to asthma. It’s a great way to start your day off on the best foot possible by removing harmful toxins from your body. Multi-task while you do this by making a morning smoothie during the process!
- STRETCHING : Aid circulation in your body by getting it moving right away! Stretching makes you not only feel more limber, but will increase oxygen to your brain – giving your mind more power!
- DRINKING HOT WATER : We all know how important it is to drink water on a daily basis. It’s one of the best things you can do to keep your body running at it’s best. Add lemon to help level your pH balance and give your water a little flavor in the AM!
- MEDITATING : There are a number of health benefits to meditation, for the body and soul. But meditating in the morning is even more important, even if it’s only for a short time. It allows your mind to have a clean slate and ready to own the day!
- AVOIDING TECHNOLOGY : In today’s society, we are constantly bombarded with emails, texts, phone calls, and social media activity. Take some time to yourself without any tech to ensure a quiet, clear mindset.
- ADDING PROTEIN TO YOUR BREAKFAST : The foods we put in our bodies in the morning are what fuel us all day long, so making good decisions is crucial. For example, if you usually eat a banana, add a tablespoon of organic almond butter so you stay satisfied longer. Simple switches and additions with more protein will give you more energy to get more things done during the day, while giving your body proper nutrients. It’s a win/win!
- FOCUS ON MOVEMENT : Get your endorphins flowing by getting your body moving early. Even moderate activity, like a simple walk around your neighborhood, can provide mood-boosting effects of a natural endorphin high!