Need a healthy (& festive) snack for the holidays? Try out our no-bake peppermint energy bites!
1/2 c. almonds
1/3 c. pitted dates
1 T. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp peppermint extract
1 T. coconut oil
1 T. mini dark chocolate chips
1/2 c. coconut (or your choice of topping!)
1. Chop almonds in a food processor
2. Add the dates and blend together
3. Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and coconut oil. Blend until the mixture is starting to combine (Add small amounts of water if necessary)
4. Add chocolate chips to the mixture
5. Spray your hands with non-stick spray (optional) and roll the mixture into a one inch ball. Continue until all mixture is used.
6. Press each ball into coconut (or your choice of topping - we dyed our coconut with food coloring to make it festive!)
7. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm