Self-love sounds like an easy task, but it can actually be quite the challenge! It forms the foundation of your single, most important relationship - with yourself. To love yourself is not just a self-esteem boosting piece of advice, but a prerequisite to loving the other amazing people in your life as well.
1. Stop picking yourself apart – Everyone has something they wish they could change about their body. Even if someone seems to have the perfect image, we can bet there is something they don’t like about it. Instead of picking yourself apart, look at your body as a beautiful whole, thinking of everything it does for you!
2. Realize how amazing your body really is – Our body has so many functions that happen throughout the day, but we rarely take the time to appreciate all that it does for us! Use the time that you’re taking to critique yourself and change your negative thoughts to positive ones!
3. Get in touch with reality - Most of the images you see on the internet, on TV, and in movies aren’t even real! Not only are those people going through hours of hair and makeup, they are having their photos edited and airbrushed to perfection by professionals as well. Stop comparing yourself to things you see in the media and we promise you’ll start appreciating yourself more, flaws and all!
4. Inner & outer dialogue – How we treat ourselves can impact how others treat us. Stay positive not only in your thought process, but verbally as well! Tell yourself you are worthy, beautiful, and strong. The simple act of saying positive things can instantly change your mindset and attitude!
5. Your body is a temple – Fad diets, quick-fixes and pills are the opposite of self love. Take care of the gift that has been given to you. You have one body, treat it with respect and it will return your love. You’ll not only feel better and be more positive, but loving yourself could even help inspire others to do the same! Talk about a win-win-win!