When seasons change, it’s easy to feel ungrounded, overwhelmed, and out of balance. This means we need to adjust our mindset. Here are five tips to help you take full advantage of fall with your personal yoga practice, in and outside of the studio!
- Slow it Down: Keep your practice mindful, deeply grounded and make sure all your movements are deliberate. Also, practice at the same time every day to keep your body in a routine and stick with stable standing poses, such as warrior. This will help you feel strong and present.
- Find Balance: This is relevant on and off your mat. When it comes to in studio practice, include a lot of balancing poses. Having balance will help steady your mind if it is too active. It will also transition into your practice outside of the studio and any real life situations.
- Breathe Deeply: The air is crisp this time of year, making it a great time to practice your breathing. This will help with your stress levels and increase immunity. Simply taking ten slow, conscious deep breaths a day will make a huge difference.
- Allow It: Just as the trees let go of their leaves, allow yourself to let go of negative aspects in your life. While in practice, use the quiet time to strengthen and reassure yourself as you get rid of anything that’s holding you back.
- Sit in Silence: As the nights get longer and nature draws energy inward, it’s natural for us to do the same. Take some time to enjoy this peacefulness by cuddling up with your favorite blankets as you take in the stillness. This is also a great time to practice meditation, which calms your mind, centers your body, and prepares you for the day ahead.